Strong knowledge of machine design, kinematics, dynamics, and structure analysis. Good understanding of manufacturing processes including: die-casting, injection molding, and stamping.
A window/door hardware manufacturing and distribution company- manufactures and sells window and door hardware products.
- Engineering and Design of locking, operating, and rolling components used in the residential window and door (fenestration)
- Provide technical solutions for existing product improvement opportunities.
- Interface with sales team and customers to provide market driven product solutions.
- Provide designs that meet volume and budget expectations which involve domestic and overseas supply/manufacturing options.
- Drive value engineering of existing and new product development based on market needs.
- Oversee and develop test protocols to ensure current and new products meet market performance and operational benchmarks.
- Support Manufacturing and QC departments to resolve production issues related
- Maintain documentation of existing products utilizing change management process
Reporting to the R&D Manager, the Sr. Design Engineer is responsible for:
- Design and Development of New Products following a Stage Gate Process
- Support of Operational Activities including Manufacturing and Quality
- Sales and Marketing Support
- Continuous Improvement and Lean Activities
- Strong knowledge of machine design, kinematics, dynamics, and structure analysis
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes including: die-casting, injection molding, and stamping
- Exceptional materials knowledge including metals, plastics, and coatings
- Proficient in 2D and 3D CAD (AutoCad & Creo experience a plus
- Product management experience from concept to launch
- Mechanical / hands on aptitude
- Great organizational and communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
Competitive Salary and Benefits