PREFER NOT TO RELOCATE
The Seniors Design Engineer is delivering planning and support for engineering parties (i.e. ECP’s, Engineering Firms and International Project teams). This person may review existing customer drawings and evaluate for stress analysis, thermal expansion and or compare metal to plastic performance differences. This person may also calculate new plastic piping systems in general including related components (e.g. pipe clamps, bracketing and supports).
Main tasks include:
- Engineering calculation and design layout of plastic piping system
- Material take-offs to support quotations for projects converting metal to plastic
- Engineering calculation of installations considering all relevant parameters (pressure, temperature, media, lifetime service, joining techniques, etc.)
- Supplying documentation for PE stamp and 3rd party review
- Calculations for fixed point supports, guides, expansion loops, flanges, structural, etc.
- Hydraulic calculations for pressure loss, pipe sizing, water hammer, mechanical and thermal stress analysis, seismic, etc.
- Possible analysis of special installations such as double containment, underground, low temperature, etc.
- Standard detail development and installation recommendation
- Use and implementation of pipe design software and adaptation of proprietary GF software (ROHR2), PDMS, PDS, etc.
- Conduct and lead design review sessions with GF customers and 3rd parties
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Good Attendance
- Work effectively with all company personnel, customers, OEMs, End Users to present a professional, consistent image. Interaction includes sharing of ideas, keeping commitments, keeping others informed of work progress.
- Good organizational skill that allow for easy transfer of knowledge and best practices.
- Proficient in design and modeling software to effectively communicate products or concepts to customers
- Work closely with Custom Product and manufacturing companies in regards to custom products and forecasting
- Completes work accurately and on time
- This position may also take on certain management and department responsibilities.
- Occasional site visits to meet with customers engineering counterparts to review documents
- Some international travel may be required
- Committed to the protection of the environment and health and safety of our employees, customer and neighbors. Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving our Environmental Management System (EMS).
- Minimum 10 years of advanced engineering experience (BSME or equivalent) in the field of design, ECP or construction services relating to process piping systems
- Proficient in SolidWorks or similar modeling software
- Experience with BIM and/or Plant Design digital libraries
- Proficient personal computer skills, including working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- PE stamp required or in process of attainment.
- Passing of Company Post-Employment physical as well as controlled substance testing and background and security checks, as required
Knowledge, Skills, Training and Abilities:
- Ability to work with and preserve confidential information
- Follows the procedures as presented in the Employee Handbook, Etiquette Brochure, department procedures, captures contact information and follows verbal, written or diagram instructions as provided by supervisor or managers.
- Presents a professional appearance as well as presents a professional attitude with customers, distributors, vendors and other company personnel.
- Presents professional communication skills – verbal, written and e-mails.
- Contribute to positive team spirit