- Perform RTL-level design, including micro-architectural definition, of digital logic used in secure ASIC cores.
- Assist with EDA tool-related tasks, such as synthesis, static-timing analysis, logical equivalency checking, and help improve flows and scripts for such tasks.
- Assist with integration of CRI technology into customer and partner ASIC design projects, in such areas as clocking and reset logic, memory interfaces, test interfaces, and system buses.
- BS or MS degree in electrical or computer engineering or closely related degree strongly preferred; but substantial, relevant, outstanding work experience may substitute in some cases.
- 7 plus years experience working as an ASIC design engineer.
- Familiarity with front-end ASIC design flows, including design, simulation, synthesis, and timing analysis. Experience with back-end flows, especially place-and-route, is beneficial.
- Proven track record of on-time delivery of silicon-proven designs.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Verilog and digital design.
- Expertise in some or all of the following areas is beneficial:
- High performance CPU architecture and design.
- IP core delivery and handoff issues.
- Modern SoC design methodologies and architectures.
- DFT, especially memory testing and characterization and/or Logic BIST methodologies.
- Manufacturing test, device characterization and qualification, reliability testing.
- Hardware development experience in UNIX/Linux environments, including supporting tasks such as shell scripting and basic Perl scripts.
- Ability to work with technical writers in the production of technical documentation.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Able and willing to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Highly motivated and self-directed, with keen attention to detail.
- A demonstrated ability to prioritize and execute tasks so as to achieve goals in an innovative, fast-paced, and often high-pressure environment.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities