Location(s): CO - Denver
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Analyzes, develops and presents financial and operational opportunities for Xcel Energy Supply assets. Develops effective strategies for the optimization of generation assets. This position will be based in our Denver office at 1800 Larimer.
- Develop and make recommendations that support Energy Supply in the financial analysis of investments in generating assets. Utilize the Energy Supply discounted cash flow model to determine the value to the Company of plant investments. Prepare custom financial analysis of complex investment options. Work with various corporate groups to gain approval for capital and O&M investments at the generating plants as necessary.
- Apply a broad Company business perspective in the business unit decision-making process. Interface with Commercial Operations, Accounting, Finance and Regulatory groups and others to quantify the risk profile and likelihood of successful outcomes and returns as it pertains to opportunities identified to increase the value of the generating fleet.
- Support various Xcel cost modeling tools by providing accurate and reliable generating asset data for utilization in various cost modeling tools to insure Energy Supply assets are correctly reflected.
- Identify key opportunities and risks in the business unit associated with findings and integrate into Corp. long-term planning for Energy Supply generation assets. Utilize tools and techniques that facilitate creation and prioritization of alternatives that maximize Energy Supply and Corporate profitability while managing risk.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, mathematics, statistics, economics, accounting or related field. Engineering degree with graduate work in finance is acceptable.
- Minimum 5 years of financial modeling experience in a utility or similar type industrial environment is required.
- Good financial acumen regarding financial analysis and metrics.
- A working knowledge of power plant operations is desirable.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || Operations || 25100:Asset Management || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 13727
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]