Location(s): CO - Denver
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Analyzes, develops and presents financial and operational opportunities for Xcel Energy Supply assets. Develops and evaluates effective strategies for the optimization of generation assets.
- Identify key opportunities and risks in Energy Supply and develop analysis and strategy to integrate into Corporate short-term and long-term planning of Energy Supply generation assets. Improve the financial standing of Xcel’s generation assets through development and presentation of strategies to maximize Energy Supply and Corporate profitability, meet Company strategic objectives while minimizing risk. Create, and execute financial analysis that generates recommendations regarding Energy Supply investment in Xcel owned generating assets. Leverage the use of the discounted cash flow model to determine the value to the Company of plant investment and plant life-cycle decisions. Formulate custom financial analysis of complex investment options. Work with corporate finance to gain approval for capital and O&M investments at the generating plants as necessary.
- Apply a solid business acumen and industry perspective in the Energy Supply decision-making process. Interfaces with Operations, Commercial Operations, Accounting, Finance, Regulatory groups and others to quantify the risk profile and likelihood of successful outcomes and returns as it pertains to opportunities identified to increase the value of the generating fleet.
- Design and perform ad-hoc financial analysis to evaluate operational and financial changes and strategic initiatives on Energy Supply’s generation portfolio, providing financial and operational impacts to the unit, fleet and Company basis.
- Support various Company production cost modeling tools by providing accurate and reliable generating asset data and analysis for utilization in various cost modeling tools to ensure Energy Supply assets are correctly evaluated and represented in Company-wide analysis. Drives change through contributing improvements to Company production cost modeling.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, mathematics, statistics, economics, accounting or related business field.
- Engineering or technical degree acceptable with graduate work in finance.
- At least 4 years of overall utility industry experience with financial modeling.
- Strong financial acumen regarding financial analysis and metrics.
- Able to manage workload under deadlines.
- A working knowledge of power plant operations is desirable.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || Operations || 25100:Asset Management || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 16340
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]