Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Reporting to the Sr. Engineer of Construction and under the direct supervision of the respective Senior Resident Engineer and/or Resident Engineer, the Senior Engineer, also referred to as the Assistant Resident Engineer, should be fully competent in all conventional aspects of the subject matter or functional area of assignments. This includes planning and conducting work requiring judgment in independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation/modification of standard methods, techniques, procedures, and criteria. Devises and defines new solutions to problems encountered. Independently performs most assignments with instruction only regarding general expected results. Receives technical guidance for unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval of proposed project plans. Supervises assigned engineers, inspectors, consultants and administrative staff on a project basis. Will act as a Lead Engineer Architect (LEA) on numerous Stage IV assignments.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
* Must possess a Bachelors Degree in Engineering and/or Architecture from an accredited college or university
* Eight (8) or more years functioning as Engineer or related experience
* Must have a valid drivers license
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
* Registered Professional Engineer or registered Architect in New York or New Jersey and/or Certified Construction Manager certification (CCM).
* Demonstrated knowledge and implementation of Construction Management Division (CMD) strategies, processes and procedures; especially in aeronautical, terminal and roadway construction.
* Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
* Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills as evidenced from experience in managing and settling contractor disputes.
* Demonstrated experience of monitoring actual expenditures and schedules against budgets and forecasts.
* Demonstrated experience supervising and coordinating Port Authority construction projects at active facilities.
* Demonstrated experience managing a team of consultants.
* Demonstrated knowledge of WINTRAK.
* Demonstrated knowledge of the eRAMP process, along with efforts to maintain current reviews for each subordinate.
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: