Location(s): MN - Monticello
Do you have the attention to detail and commitment to safety needed for a successful and rewarding career in the field of nuclear power? We’re looking for people who are looking to grow their career with a company that maintains one of the safest nuclear fleets in the nation. If that describes you, we’d like you on our team.
Experienced trainer with in-depth technical knowledge, and proficiency in the application of systematic approach to training principles. Conducts analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation activities for accredited training programs. Provides coaching and feedback to station workers to improve their performance in classroom, laboratory, and on the job settings. Supports activities necessary to maintain accreditation of the operator training programs. Possess the knowledge and skills and may be assigned to be a program lead.
- Design Training and establish specific measureable behaviors for task-oriented training. Provide Initial and Continuing training in classroom and laboratory environments. Receive and evaluate training feedback from numerous sources, including trainees, management, and industry. Respond to emergent training needs and performance issues
- Conducts needs assessments, analyzes jobs/tasks to design, develop and implement training for specified technical training programs. Can lead and/or assist with self-assessments and other evaluations of the various training programs.
- Coordinates, leads, and conducts training in the classroom and/or laboratory for specified technical training programs per applicable codes, ACADs, and regulatory requirements. Manages program administrative requirements including performance indicators. Can develop and administer examinations in the classroom, laboratory, or in the plant for specified training programs.
- Continuously pursues and maintains personal development, learning and qualifications to support the various training programs such as general instructor, advanced instructor, and those requirements of a Principal Technical Instructor.
- Leads the training department in developing programs to support the safe operations of the plant by exercising expertise in their particular program(s).
- Supports plant refueling outages and site Emergency Response Organization, as needed.
- Diploma or GED, plus Associate’s degree or equivalent is required.
- This can be any combination of instructional or work experience related to the operation of a commercial or military nuclear facility.
- Requires 5 or more years of related work experience, including 3 years of training related experience.
- Any combination of work experience a related technical discipline, providing training/education, comparable journeyman/military experience; military or commercial instructor, public education or college/technical school teacher, or qualified in-plant trainer.
- National Academy of Nuclear Training qualified instructor required or obtain qualification within 1-year of assignment.
- Previous power plant or Nuclear Navy background is preferred.
- Experience in performance analysis is preferred.
- Must be familiar with SAT principles and regulatory requirements.
- Must be familiar with requirements to maintain accreditation of the maintenance and technical training programs.
A condition of employment will be successfully obtaining and maintaining General Security Clearance and a Nuclear Security Clearance for unescorted access to Xcel Energy nuclear plants including successful completion of nuclear General Access Training (GAT) and the nuclear security screening process (typically consists of an alcohol/drug screen, a criminal history check, a psychological assessment, initial credit and background investigation and periodic credit & criminal history checks).
This position requires continuity in your new role for 24 months. During that time, you will not be eligible to apply for or request to be moved to any other job at the Company until the continuity timeframe has been met, unless otherwise approved by senior leadership.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Monticello || MN - Monticello || United States (US) || Nuclear Rollup || 45539:FT MT Training-Technical || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 16425
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]