Wood has an exciting opportunity for a Senior / Lead Electrical Engineers at our Minneapolis, MN office.
Wood is recognized globally and throughout many industries for its engineering capability. We tackle engineering projects ranging in complexity from simple to world class. Customers rely on our engineering design experience and lessons learned where we are able to provide certainty of outcome through world class project delivery. If you are looking for a job where you will be challenged, pushed to excel and given opportunities for growth and increasing responsibility we are convinced you will thrive and enjoy working at Wood. The Atlanta, Greenville, Portland, Minneapolis, and Tallahassee offices make up the engineering centers for US Operations within the Wood Process and Energy division. Over the past ten years, Process and Energy has steadily grown from a $500M to $1.7B business and our core values are sharply focused on safety, client satisfaction, having the courage to push boundaries and excellent project execution. Wood P&E is looking for engineering design professionals who want to join a team with a clear vision of the future and a plan for steady long-term growth. We believe our growth is fundamentally the result of our great people who support the business core values and our diversity in successfully servicing our key markets.
- Design and develop Single line diagrams, Schematics, Wiring diagrams
- Develop Short circuit, Load Flow and Arc Flash documentation using ETAP, SKM, or EASYPOWER Electrical Programs
- Resource Management and Planning
- Quality control of all deliverables within the scope of Electrical
- Interface with Project Management and Client and liaise with other project discipline
- Prepare Electrical Equipment Specifications, Data Sheets, Purchase Requisitions and Bid evaluations for Paper Machine Drives, Switchgear, Transformers and other electrical equipment as required. Review Vendor Documents
- Assist in preparation of power system cost estimates and defining scopes of work for project design and study proposals
- Build internal and external relationships with key suppliers, customers and internal & external service providers or contractors
- Work with electrical engineers, technologists and designers to provide electrical design and deliverables to a variety of projects
- Prepare electrical designs, calculations and bills of material
Skills / Qualifications
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Prefer 5 to 15 years experience with design of Power Systems for Heavy Industrial Installations
- Power Plant, Pulp and Paper Mill, Utility Solar, Cement Plant, Cogen Plant power, Industrial, Food and beverage design experience preferred
- Previous experience (>5 years) in Electrical design in the field of Consulting Engineering in North America preferred
- Perform Electrical Design duties associated with project scope of work
- Develop Single Line diagrams, Schematics, Wiring diagrams
- Experience with the Electrical System design, System Studies, Relay Coordination, Protection & Control
- Knowledge and Experience using some of the following applications: Excel; Word; Power System Study programs ETAP, SKM, EASYPOWER
- Familiarity with applicable codes, standards and regulations used in North American
- Electrical power & process industries
- Heavy industrial or Chemical plant power systems work is a plus.
- Liaise with other project disciplines
- Be flexible with the ability to manage change
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with clients and staff in a team environment
- Must be able to work independently or with minimal supervision and still meet commitment deadlines
- Good organizational skills, writing skills, presentation and communication skills
- Willing to travel up to 25%
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. web address removed>
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.