Do you love to Create awesome consumer products?
Are you Passionate about Engineering?
Are you continually expanding your knowledge base and professional growth?
Do you work with a high sense of urgency?
If you love bringing brilliant designs to life while working in a hands-on, fast paced environment, this may be the right opportunity for you!
Lumitec (www.lumiteclighting.com) has established a strong brand presence in the marine industry and beyond as an innovative, industry-leading developer and manufacturer of extreme environment LED lighting. Located in Delray Beach, Florida, we are a leader in our space and have enjoyed many years of solid, double digit growth.
Our team is comprised of creative, self-motivated, hands-on engineers, designers, and technicians. Our new team member will be an innovative thinker who excels in continuous improvement and making the right things happen.
This is a unique opportunity for an exceptional person with 7+ years’ experience in product design / development roles. You will contribute to design activities for LED lighting, joining our design team of engineers and designers taking concepts from the white board to the production floor. You will manage mechanical fit/dimension/tolerances for both as-designed and off-the-shelf components. You will contribute to the design and production of tools, tests, processes and fixtures related to production.
Our strategic emphasis on continuous innovation ensures that there are always exciting new projects to work on. Our products are relied upon by the world’s top tier boat builders; the US Coast Guard, Special Forces, and Department of Homeland Security; and various manufacturers of commercial terrestrial vehicles.
To be considered, the candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Exceptionally high level of creativity, capable of conceptualizing and communicating many solutions to unique and challenging design problems.
- Proficiency designing components for injection molding, diecasting and machining manufacturing processes
- Extensive experience with structural, thermal and fluid dynamic calculations and their finite element simulations for the optimization of products.
- Experience stepping through an assembly and calculating stack-up and fit tolerances.
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills where problems are very unusual and challenging.
- Excellent project management skills, and the ability to establish and maintain timelines with external suppliers and internal team members
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Masters strongly preferred and a minimum of 7 years of related experience.
The following attributes are strongly desired:
- High proficiency using Solidworks including best practices for documentation of designs.
- Optical design experience
- Knowledge of commercially available adhesives and coatings.
- A working knowledge of commonly available plastic resins and casting metal alloys (in particular, aluminum and stainless steel) and the advantages, limitations, and disadvantages of each.
- Experience in shop trades (machining and general fabrication/modeling of metal, wood, plastic, etc) and a willingness to utilize these skills in the generation of physical proof-of-concept prototypes and models.
- Familiarity with modeling and prototyping processes, equipment and techniques such as SLA/SLS/FDM, CNC machining, resin casting, etc.
- Experience working in a very fast paced, responsive, deadline oriented environment.
You will find this position very satisfying if you:
· Are passionate about your work and look forward to bringing great products to market.
· Are highly creative, and enjoy using that creativity to focus your technical expertise on problems to develop elegant solutions.
· Tend to be generally positive and approach most challenges with the firm belief that you will succeed.
· Have a broad range of personal and professional interests and tend to want to learn things even if they are outside of your core area of focus.
· Love to build, tinker, design, create, modify and experiment.
· A love for boating is a plus.
If this sounds like you, email us with your resume. This could be the opportunity you are looking for to expand your skills, contribute to a winning company, and work with talented people who love what they do and take pride in our company.
Lumitec offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes group Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Short and Long-Term disability coverages. We also offer individual, ancillary insurance plans and a generous 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a Company match.