Senior Pavement Engineer Position
Engineering and Research Int’l, Inc. (ERI) is a civil engineering firm specializing in pavement management, pavement design & rehabilitation, pavement testing, geotechnical engineering, construction inspection, materials testing, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), as well as research and education in these areas.
ERI has an immediate opening for a full-time Senior Pavement Engineer in our office located in Savoy, Illinois. We are looking for a motivated and well-organized individual with “whatever-it-takes” attitude in problem solving. The main skills for this position include:
- 5-10 years of experience with implementation of pavement and asset management systems. Experience with various PMS software packages such as MicroPAVER, Cartegraph, StreetSaver, RoadMatrix, Cityworks, HMPS, dTIMS, etc. for cities, municipalities, counties, state DOTs, airports, and federal agencies.
- 3-5 years of experience with various non-destructive pavement condition data collection testing equipment and data analysis techniques. This includes automated pavement condition data collection vehicles, Falling Weight Deflectometers (FWD), Ground Penetration Radars (GPR), high speed profilers, friction testers, etc.
- 3-5 plus years of experience in both empirical and mechanistic pavement design and pavement evaluations
- Experience in building construction inspection and materials testing
- Experience in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) integration and mapping of assets for pavement management systems
- The ability to work with large sets of data and familiarity with Structured Query Language (SQL) and Microsoft Access
- Familiarity with geotechnical engineering subjects including bearing capacity of foundations as well as unbound materials used in design and construction of pavement layers
Other requirements for this position include:
- Professional Engineering (PE) license in the state of Illinois or the ability to acquire within 6-month after employment is a plus
- BS in Civil Engineering
- Excellent communication, report writing, and customer relation skills
- Business development capabilities (writing professional and winning proposals)
- The ability to work independently and without supervision or as part of a team in order to apply engineering principles theories and concepts to the assigned tasks
- Programming skills in Excel VBA (writing Macros) is a plus
The compensation package is competitive depending on the level of education, skills, and experience. If interested, please send a copy of your resume and cover letter in confidence to [email protected]