Location(s): CO - Denver
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields. Assignments also will include identification of engineering and related consultants and manufacturers for building technology applications as well as managing performance of these firms through demonstration and implementation programs. Make decisions independently on engineering problems and methods, and represents the organization in conferences to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate work. The knowledge and expertise required for this level of work usually result from progressive experience.
- In a supervisory capacity, plans, develops, coordinates, and directs a large and important engineering project or a number of a small projects with many complex features.
- As individual researcher or worker, carries out complex assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures. Work is expected to result in the development of new or refined equipment, materials, processes, products, and/or scientific methods.
- As staff specialist, develops and evaluates plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities to be carried out by others. Assesses the feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering evaluation tests, products, or equipment when necessary data are insufficient or confirmation by testing is advisable. Usually performs as a staff advisor and consultant as to a technical specialty, a type of facility or equipment, or a program function.
- Supervision and guidance relate largely to overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts, and policy matters. Consults with supervisor concerning unusual problems and developments.
- Supervises, coordinates, and reviews the work of a small staff of engineers and technicians. Estimates personnel needs and schedules and assigns work to meet completion date. Or, as an individual researcher or staff specialist, may be assisted on projects by other engineers or technicians.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other technical from ABET accredited curriculum (equivalency to an ABET accredited degree would be recognized by ABET as having "substantial equivalency" or through a "mutual recognized agreement")
- 6 years of experience equivalent to Project Engineer
- Related professional license and/or Licensed Professional Engineer Certification (PE License)
- Membership in Professional Society and/or Technical Societies
- Proven project management experience
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || Human Resources & Employee Svc || 42650:Facility Services South || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 15609
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]