Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at harris.com.
The selected applicant will be responsible for the design and development of real-time embedded systems of advanced radio communications equipment with a focus on network protocols and applications. Working in a team environment, design and develop software components required to implement features and capabilities for software defined radios. Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle (requirements analysis, high level design, detailed design, coding, unit test, integration, system level test). Prepare work estimates, schedule inputs and metric data to project management. Consult with other cross-functional engineering staff (electrical, mechanical, systems) to evaluate interfaces between hardware and software, and operational performance requirements of the overall system. Operates independently with direction from technical leads.
- Bachelor of Science in CS/CE/EE discipline along with 6+ years of directly related experience in software engineering (4+ years with Master’s degree)
- 6+ years of C/C++programming language
- 6+ years of Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOA/OOD)
- 6+ years of multi-threaded design/programming
- 6+ years of embedded software development on a real-time operating system
Preferred Additional Skills:
- C++ with STL Networking development: IP stack, sockets, ethernet framing Routing development: RIP/OSPF/BGP Linux development: Kernel networking, bash Client/Server architecture Tactical Radio Communications waveforms and equipment
- C++ with STL
- Networking development: IP stack, sockets, ethernet framing
- Routing development: RIP/OSPF/BGP
- Linux development: Kernel networking, bash
- Client/Server architecture
- Tactical Radio Communications waveforms and equipment
- CMMI and standard software development processes
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. By submitting your resumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your resumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.