Woolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to clients by blending engineering excellence with innovative technology and geospatial applications. Woolpert was recently certified as an Employer of Choice by Great Place To Work®, we believe great companies are built from exceptional people and amazing clients. As we grow, we are seeking a Senior Structural Engineer in Dayton, OH.
The Senior Structural Engineer is responsible for leading the structural design process for complex new construction and renovation projects. This individual will have significant business development experience which includes: identifying potential new business leads, nurturing potential and existing client relationships, and maintaining current client portfolio. Our Senior Structure Engineers possess an entrepreneurial spirit which produces excellent working relationships with multi-disciplinary teams to design and deliver world-class buildings. The Senior Structural Engineer reports to the Discipline Leader.
- Works closely as a member of one or more project teams and assists to complete projects on aggressive schedules.
- Serves as the Structural Engineering Subject Matter Expert during the sales cycle and/or Request for Proposal (RFP) response process.
- Directs Revit models for clearances, potential conflicts, and relationships of the various parts to the whole and to one another.
- Implements and utilizes Woolpert Best Practices for projects and processes.
- Actively seeks new knowledge related to structural engineering practices, principles and regulations changes.
- Performs structural design and analysis for various structural materials, including steel, concrete, and concrete masonry.
- Develops, modifies and reviews models, plans, details and drawings of structural engineering systems and components according to established standards and modeling techniques.
- Utilizes knowledge and experience in applying modeling principles for complete and accurate drawings.
- Master’s degree in Structural Engineering
- 10+ years of related work experience managing multiple projects that include at least one of the following software systems: Revit, AutoCAD, RISA 3D, Floor and Foundation.
- Must have multi-story building and seismic consulting experience.
- Professional Engineer License required.
- Experience working with a variety of structural materials and systems.
- Basic knowledge about sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Strong technical proficiency required, including Microsoft Office products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment; offer constructive feedback and direction to support goals
- Quickly adapt and respond to industry changes as well as internal initiatives.
Leading Innovation and Integrity...
As members of a leading design, geospatial and infrastructure management firm, Woolpert employees inspire each other to be the best through their ingenuity, diversity and vision. With projects that contribute to the sustainability, security and efficiency of federal, local and private-sector clients across the U.S. and abroad, our employees appreciate rewarding careers that contribute to advances in the Architectural/Engineering industry while also knowing they’re serving the needs of some of the best communities and organizations around the world.
Presenting Opportunities and Challenges at Every Turn...
As a firm that recognizes the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through our excellent benefits package and competitive salaries.
Our vision: http://woolpert.com/resource/ourvision/
Learn more about our “Great Place To Work” certification: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/woolpert-inc
For immediate consideration, please apply online at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/WOO1009/JobBoard/97967b39-b3fa-4972-8da3-2af68e0ffa86
Please no agency or recruiter calls.
Woolpert is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. We maintain a drug-free workplace.