Our Forensic team in Nashville, TN is searching Senior Structural Engineer. This is an opportunity to leverage your local knowledge and be involved in challenging projects that will offer an opportunity to provide technical solutions. The attention and quality of our services, anchored by pragmatic experience, separates us from other engineering consulting firms.
We are sought out as qualified experts to provide insight into concerns regarding virtually all aspects of facility operations, construction and environmental impacts. We are seeking self-motivated and active networkers who value building credible relationships with clients and the community. You will need to be flexible in your approach to challenges, and have a strong ability to think laterally in delivering project solutions.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Conduct field investigations and analyze failures involving a variety of structures within residential and commercial properties
- Determine the cause, origin, and extent of structural failures, water intrusions, roof damage, construction defects and building system failures
- Evaluations may include foundation settlement investigations, structural assessments, site evaluations, sub-surface investigations and vibration analysis
- Analyze failures in buildings and other infrastructure systems by conducting site visits and applying engineering principles and practices in accordance with codes and industry standards
- Conduct unbiased investigations for a variety of clients
- Prepare reports documenting causes of failure, extent of loss, and recommended remediation
- Ability to support conclusions by appropriate expert testimony in legal proceedings
- Background in the diagnosis of existing buildings and recommendation of corresponding repairs
For success in this role, you will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- B.S. degree in Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering or a related field
- Tennessee Licensed Professional Engineer or the ability to obtain is preferred
- 5 to 8 years of forensic engineering experience performing building assessments and failure analysis, with report preparation for property owners, insurance companies and/or attorneys
- Working knowledge of structural systems and foundation design/analysis/construction
- Design/analysis experience with reinforced concrete, masonry, wood, and steel
- Working knowledge of building codes and experience reviewing building plans and specifications - Structural analysis software (RISA, STADD, etc.) a plus - Willing and able to travel to job sites
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?
As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
Please submit your resume' and cover letter via the link below
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.