Location(s): MN - Welch
Do you have the attention to detail and commitment to safety needed for a successful and rewarding career in the field of nuclear power? We’re looking for people who are looking to grow their career with a company that maintains one of the safest nuclear fleets in the nation. If that describes you, we’d like you on our team.
Xcel Energy has an exciting opportunity for a Senior System Analyst to join our team at the Prairie Island plant in Welch, MN. This position primarily supports the nuclear business which includes the Monticello and Prairie Island Nuclear Generating Plants.
In conjunction with the responsibilities listed, the candidate will need to have excellent code development skills/experience, interact with multiple user groups and departments daily, and will be expected to resolve or help resolve any and all IT related issues as well as help push forward any initiatives or the projects business users bring to the team.
The candidate will plan, manage, coordinate, implements and deliver information technology business solutions in a fast-paced environment. Provides technical guidance with fellow team members in accordance with business unit IT objectives. Provides tactical input to business unit management regarding systems development. Consults with business unit managers to identify requirements and coordinates with technical staff to fulfill those requirements.
- Provides technical guidance to development staff in conjunction with business area software products and instructs developers on technical decision points.
- Develops installation and rollout plans for Business Unit technologies and ensures plans are met. Interacts with clients to determine business requirements and project objectives. Identifies gaps and resolves. Presents system level solutions.
- Analyzes, plans, designs, develops, tests, implements, supports, and maintains information systems solutions using client server, n-tiered and web-based technology. Ensures that projects installed are effectively adding value to the business area.
- Provides project management of complex development efforts. Works with users to determine requirements of mission-critical systems. Leads and guides team members and monitors budgets and expenditures.
- Keep abreast of technology, industry and business trends to ensure that appropriate technologies are being considered in the planning process that meet organizational requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems or Computer Science (6 years of related experience may substitute for the degree)
- 7 years of enterprise wide system implementation related development experience
- In-depth knowledge of development technology as well as industry's business and operational software
- In-depth understanding of how all Information technologies can be used and applied to the business unit
- Ability to understand changes in technology in detail, and determine how best to source technology to meet the clients needs
- Mastery of object-oriented technology and implementation techniques
- Ability to understand business processes and lead other developers in system deployment
- Ensures that all technology projects are prioritized and properly planned within the business unit and that all relevant factors and issues have been considered and resolved
- Microsoft Certified Developer or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
- 2 years of support or development team leadership
- Experience in web development as well as distributed application development and maintenance
- Microsoft VB/.Net and Java experience
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Welch || MN - Welch || United States (US) || Customer And Innovation || 79000:Customer And Innovation || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 14396
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]m