As an innovative leader, Employer has been serving the rail industry since 1890. Through the years, our basic philosophy has reflected a deep respect for the customer, and a commitment to providing quality products at a cost-effective price. Employer's participation in ISO 9001, and our corresponding certification, echoes a company-wide spirit. From management, to administration, to engineering, to the production floor, quality is an ever-present compass.
This position's primary purpose is the specification, design, validation and quality assurance of systems for intelligent train braking and control systems, meeting goals of safety, regulatory compliance, cost, quality, delivery, and service. The incumbent will apply railroad and intelligent train control systems experience and leadership to guide/direct the design of new microprocessor-based electro-mechanical systems and functionality. Close coordination with other company departments including Sales, Quality, Test Engineering, Software Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Field Service, and Manufacturing is required to assure that the system is fully integrated, of high quality and meets all customer, safety and schedule requirements.
- System level design and development of intelligent brake and train control systems for freight or passenger rail applications.
- Preparation of technical documentation including product design and functional requirements specifications, requirements traceability matrices, and FMEA/FMECAs.
- Technical coordination of multi-discipline development teams with related electronics, software and mechanical integration issues.
- Development and review of system verification and validation procedures and results.
- Monitoring progress against defined program objectives and providing project status reports/ briefings.
- Cross-functional interaction with other company departments such as quality, sales, project management, and field service