Location(s): MN - Becker
Do you want to have an essential role supporting the energy infrastructure that provides power to millions of homes and businesses? Do you want to work for a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship? Consider a job at one of Xcel Energy’s power plants, and help us keep the lights on.
The successful candidate for this position must have a strong understanding of the operation and maintenance of all systems required to operate a fossil fueled power plant. This candidate must also have the ability to program, maintain, and create scenarios for multiple power plant simulators. Provide professional safety/technical training consulting across the Company/Enterprise. Utilize systematic approaches to training to develop and maintain training materials. Design evaluation instruments and analyze trainee and stakeholder feedback for program improvements. Position may require extended periods of time at the customer site. Manage training programs. Coordinate apprenticeship programs within regions.
- Utilize systematic approach to training to deliver effective training, and adhere to records management requirements. Design and develop skills enhancement strategies and practices to support continuous improvement of personnel necessary to meet/exceed business and organizational goals and to be successful in meeting industry and competitive challenges.
- Provide oversight and work direction for apprenticeship programs, continuing technical training, and instructional staff. Support continuous improvement of field staff to meet/exceed organizational goals.
- Fully utilize business processes (scorecard, marketing strategies, manufacturing-analysis, design, development, delivery and evaluation) and project management in implementing training.
- Consult with customer to identify business needs and objectives. Provide customer contact for all training services, products and programs.
- Design and maintain effective testing instruments and perform statistical analysis to quantitatively and qualitatively evaluate overall effectiveness, cost benefit and ultimate bottom line impact of the training/consulting product or service provided.
- Perform technical and process improvement consulting.
- Meet continuing technical and instructional requirements by adhering to Training Process Procedures.
- Coordinate and facilitate special projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Education, or technical field related to the subject(s) in which the individual will provide instruction is preferred, or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge (specialized trade school, instructor certification, military training, journeyman training) is required.
- Five years of training experience or equivalent technical work experience related to subject area of instruction.
- Strong communication and presentation skills are required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of adult learning principles.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to effectively use Microsoft Office applications.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Becker || MN - Becker || United States (US) || Operations || 84210:Energy Supply Tech Training || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 18935
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]