Woolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to clients by blending engineering excellence with innovative technology and geospatial applications. Woolpert was recently certified as an Employer of Choice by Great Place To Work®. We believe great companies are built from exceptional people and amazing clients. As we grow, we are seeking an experienced Site/Civil Design Engineer in our Indianapolis, IN office.
The Site/Civil Design Engineer will plan production, perform design calculations, and assist Team Lead with a variety of site/civil land development engineering projects in the Higher Education and Athletic sectors. This individual will have a proven ability to work directly with cross-functional internal stakeholders. Our Site/Civil Design Engineer will create site layout, utility routing, sanitary/storm sewer design, roadways, grading/earthwork, erosion control, stormwater management systems and stormwater pollution prevention plans.
- Design and create site layout plans in alignment with client requirements and Woolpert standards.
- Utilize AutoCAD Civil 3D to develop concept plans, grading plans, and site designs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to ensure project objectives (scope, schedule, deliverables) are met in accordance with established metrics
- Provide technical expertise in site/civil design, hydrology/hydraulics, erosion and sedimentation control, and stormwater management
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner supporting mass grading and geotechnical construction projects.
- Coordinate permitting with FEMA, DOT, DNR, County and local municipalities
- Work with project management team to identify impediments and develop / implement solutions to overcome obstacles
- Bachelor’s degree in, civil engineering or related field
- Minimum of 4-10 years Site/Civil Design experience
- Prior exposure to Higher Education and/or Athletics sectors is ideal
- Proven experience with codes and regulations, interpreting plans, designing storm water facilities, site grading and permitting for land disturbance
- Demonstrated knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Autodesk Vehicle Tracking and Storm and Sanitary Analysis software packages, PondPak, and Microsoft Suite products
- Active Professional Engineer License is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a dynamic environment
- Strong organizational, time management, attention to detail and analytical skills
· Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment; offer constructive feedback and direction to support goals
Leading Innovation and Integrity...
As members of a leading architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm, Woolpert employees inspire each other to be the best through their ingenuity, diversity and vision. With projects that contribute to the sustainability, security and efficiency of federal, local and private-sector clients across the U.S. and abroad, our employees appreciate rewarding careers that contribute to advances in the Architectural/Engineering/Geospatial industry while also knowing they’re serving the needs of some of the best communities and organizations around the world.
Presenting Opportunities and Challenges at Every Turn...
As a firm that recognizes the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through our excellent benefits package and competitive salaries.
Please apply online at: http://bit.ly/2fM6Nf6
Our vision: http://woolpert.com/about-us/
Learn more about our “Great Place To Work” certification: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/woolpert-inc
Woolpert is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. We maintain a drug-free workplace.