You will routinely be:
- Managing the build and deploy infrastructure for multiple software engineering teams.
- Designing, building and managing the telemetry, monitoring, and alerting systems.
- Documenting your decisions. Empower others with knowledge.
- Improving the team. We can always be faster with higher quality. We can always tighten iteration cycles. You can help us get there.
- Working with open source software. Removing proprietary software wherever possible.
Things with which you should be familiar:
- Designing cloud-native software. Node-level fault-tolerance. Lifecycle hooks.
- Design considerations for scalable, asynchronous microservices.
- CI/CD - why it s important and how it impacts distributed software development organizations
- Infrastructure-as-code/immutable infrastructure, configuration-as-code, idempotency
- Telemetry, tracing, logging, and alerting best-practices.
- Internet fundamentals. HTTP/s, DNS, TCP/IP, security-by-design, caching.
Technologies we like:
- GCP/AWS, Netflix OSS
- Linux, Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, Hashicorp products
- Redis, Memcached, Rabbit, Kafka
- Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server (in descending order of affinity)
- GitLab, Atlassian products
Things you bring with you:
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar role
- Expertise in cloud infrastructure, cloud software deployment patterns, containerization, CI/CD, and telemetry best-practices
- Experience with technologies like ansible, puppet, chef, Docker, Hashicorp products
- Experience with orchestration platforms (Kubernetes)