What you ll be doing...
You ll join our Network Systems team as a senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) where you will be an integral member of a dynamic team continuously improving our Enterprise CI/CD platform, automating all the things , in support of our rapidly expanding portfolio. As part of the platform engineering team, we hold ourselves accountable to keep our systems up and running to ensure our engineering partners have the best experience. Our SRE s intellectual curiosity, problem solving, and openness is key to its success. If you are mission driven and enjoy challenging work, this is definitely the team for you.
- Owning end-to-end availability and performance of mission critical services and building automation to prevent problem recurrence; automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Managing the migration of applications from on premise to AWS.
- Building automated pipelines using Cloudformation and Ansible to spin up and configure infrastructure.
- Identifying opportunities to improve current platform: enhancing current tool chain or identifying new tools to POC.
- Looking for ways to reduce manual processes by replacing with automation.
- Driving adoption and defining best practices for DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, and New Relic.
- Working closely with teams to identify their requirements and resolve any issues.
- Redefining governance models around the automation tools that allow for their use throughout the enterprise.
- Building automation to deliver metrics reports.
- Documenting common processes to enhance the user experience and administration of the tool.
- Managing the ticket queue by providing efficient assistance to the end user.
- Participating in on-call rotation.
- Communicating continuously with management and peers about the status and progress of ongoing projects.
- Handling the deployment and operation of Cloud enabled applications and services in AWS and Private Cloud infrastructure.
- Utilizing DevOps methodologies and working with application developers and operations to guide the development and implementation of Cloud applications, systems and processes.
- Deploying and orchestrating Docker and Kubernetes containers on a Cloud platform.
- Employing DevOps and agile principles; utilizing Jira, Jenkins and Ansible to enable CI/CD of various cloud applications.
- Building AWS JSON templates.
- Monitoring and supporting day to day operations of cloud and legacy applications including tools such as New Relic, ELK, Splunk.
- Developing automation using scripting languages.
- Handling critical operation tasks as well as on-demand requests.
What we re looking for...
You ll need to have:
- Bachelor s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies: Cloud Formation, EC2, S3, EMR, Autoscale, Cloudwatch.
- Knowledge of one of the container technologies (Docker/Kubernetes).
- Experience with CI/CD using JIRA, Jenkins, and Ansible.
- Experience with any scripting language such as BASH, Perl, Ruby or Python.
- Java programming experience.
- Experience providing production operations support and 24/7 support.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Technology, and/or other related field of study.
- Strong UNIX, Linux and Databases skills.
- Five or more years of experience as a Dev Ops engineer.
- Four or more years of experience in CI/CD tooling (Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarQuebe).
- Experience with cloud technologies such as architecting, developing or maintaining cloud solutions in public or private cloud environments (AWS).
- Experience with container and container orchestration (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Apache Mesos).
- AWS services experience (EC2, S3, RDS, SQS, EFS and CloudWatch).
- Experience using configuration management tools to build automation (Ansible).
- Experience with Linux/Unix environment (bash scripting) and open source technologies.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment supporting multiple products across the organization.
- Experience multitasking multiple high priority objectives.
- Jenkins certification/AWS certification.