The Software Build Engineer is responsible for managing and implementing all phases of build, release and environment management for a distributed team developing engineering software. Duties also include developing and maintaining custom scripts and integrating Open Source tools.
- Perform software builds of ANSYS software products on Windows and Linux systems
- Write, implement, schedule and manage automated build scripts with Continuous Integration tools such as Microsoft TFS and TeamCity
- Maintain and support current software tools (Visual Studio, compilers, open source)
- Investigate and fix compilation and linker errors
- Assemble, create, and test distribution media for official and special version releases
- Execute acceptance tests to ensure product stability and conformance to company quality standards
- Support developers by deploying tools, addressing build and production system issues
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field with 2+ years of experience
- Experience building software on Linux and Windows operating systems
- Strong scripting skills
- Experience developing software using C/C++
- Visual Studio, Intel and gcc compiler knowledge
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Ant, C# and SCons
- Experience with automated build systems like TeamCity, TFS, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with dependency management software such as Conan and NuGet
- Experience with Git version control software
- Experience implementing open source software
- Solid debugging and troubleshooting skills
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to ANSYS. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs - guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
ANSYS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
ANSYS does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of ANSYS. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.