At Videon, we solve AV technology challenges. Our products help customers move media from any source to any screen, and our modules and services help manufacturers bring their own products to market. If you love the excitement of working in a fast-paced environment with cutting edge technology, here’s your opportunity to shine...
We're searching for exceptional Software Engineers to help us grow our business. Engineers at Videon are involved in all stages of the product life cycle This includes requirement definition, architectural analysis, implementation, and testing of industry leading video solutions ranging from streaming media to advanced ATSC3.0. Ideal candidates will have development experience in software design using C/C++ for embedded multimedia applications on various embedded OSes including ucLinux and WinCE, encompassing all aspects of development, including requirement definition, architectural analysis, writing code, and testing.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Design software using design patterns and good software structure at both the architectural and detailed levels to serve as a basis for construction. Requirements discovery, analysis, documentation and validation of properties that must be exhibited by software being developed to solve a particular problem. Creating working, quality software through a combination of coding, verification, unit testing and debugging. Evaluate product quality and improve quality by identifying defects and problems. Provide cost-effective support to software during the pre-delivery and post-delivery stage.
- Fluent knowledge of programming languages C/C++ (including object oriented programming and concurrent programming) is required.
- Proficiency with Linux software development especially Embedded Linux experience is highly desirable with Android native development considered a plus.
- Real-time programming experience, including hardware interfacing, debugging and troubleshooting is highly desirable.
- Experience with media technologies such as FFmpeg / libav / live555, GStreamer or OpenMax is desirable.
- Composure and professional, thoughtful decision-making in a fast and sometimes uncertain environment.
- Willingness to proactively share and teach others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to effectively coordinate with internal and external teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field and 2+ years of experience, or 5+ years of software development experience required with experience in the digital video industry preferred.
- Some travel is required. A Passport is mandatory.
- Health Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
Hiring amazing people to join the Videon team is key to developing innovative products. We applaud those who are willing to take initiative, think outside the box and work hard to achieve goals. Videon offers a learning environment within a culture of trust, hard work and personal responsibility. Combined with a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, this makes Videon an excellent place to work!
Please forward your resume with cover letter to Joan Potter, HR Director.