Positions Location: Lansing, MI
Job DescriptionGeneral Purpose of Job:
Ensure safe, efficient and dependable operation of facilities during off-hour shifts. Serves as the Engineering Department Senior Operator and representative to the health system during off-hours. Provides repair and preventive maintenance as assigned during off-hours.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
* Works as a member of the Boiler Room Plant Operations team caring for the hospital and its equipment in a safe, efficient, and dependable manner.
* Respond to maintenance requests from staff throughout the facility.
* Operate and monitor all facility equipment.
* Repair and perform preventive maintenance on all assigned equipment.
* Complete shift log/report, report abnormal situations to the On-Call team, and act as the Engineering representative to the health system during off-hour shifts.
* Perform miscellaneous assistance during equipment repairs and maintenance.
* Maintain documents and records per department policy.
* Performs maintenance to all aspects of facility maintenance and facilities. Work includes, but not limited to: general work order R&M requests, preventive maintenance to building infrastructure, facilities equipment, and interior components to all Sparrow Health System buildings, as assigned.
* Works with and helps schedule outside contractors in activities such as: roof repairs, elevator operations/maintenance, building/mechanical systems improvements.
* Performs preventive maintenance and repair maintenance to patient life support systems such as medical gases, and non life-support equipment such as wheel chairs, stretchers, exam tables, scooters etc..
* Completes daily work assignments for Engineering Skilled Trade groups such as, but not limited to: Electrical, Non-Patient Electronics Equipment, HVAC, Plumbing, Carpentry, etc..
* Maintains documentation, records, and information pertinent to meeting Engineering and Sparrow Health System policies/procedures using software programs and manual recording.
* Provides Team Leader responsibilities when assigned to other Mechanical Technicians. Team Leader responsibility includes, but not limited to work coordination within team and customer liasion to other Engineering work teams.
Job RequirementsGeneral Requirements License / Certification:
* Valid Driver's License
* Maintain a 3rd Class Engineer's License within four and one-half (4 1/2) years of hire.
Work Experience Experience:
* Comprehensive knowledge of all power tools, hand tools and their uses.
* Demonstrated mechanical aptitude with good trouble shooting abilities as normally obtained through work experience or mechanical education classes.
* Minimum of four (4) years previous experience in building maintenance with demonstrated knowledge of systems and components of Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC, and other building support systems.
* High School Diploma or GED
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Skills & Abilities:
* Advanced mechanical skills.
* Demonstrated knowledge in use and handling of hand and power tools.
* Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
* Blueprint and schematic reading ability.
* Basic welding skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Preferred:
* Microsoft office suite
* Building Automation Systems.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: