APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
Specialist VI – Transmission & Distribution Dispatch (R18-678)
Please note this position requires the ability to accommodate a 12 hour rotating shift
Reliably operate PGE’s transmission and distribution systems, monitor real-time electrical system flows and parameters, direct and authorize switching and tagging of PGE electrical equipment, and take actions necessary to protect electrical equipment and ensure public safety. Comply with electric system reliability standards, applicable tariffs and other rules.
· Operate PGE’s transmission and distribution systems safely, reliably, efficiently, and in accordance with NERC, WECC, FERC, OPUC, DOE, and other applicable government and industry criteria.
· Monitor power flows, voltages, frequency, and equipment loadings on PGE’s transmission and distribution systems via SCADA. Take immediate actions to respond to abnormal or emergency conditions including system operating limit violations.
· Review planned equipment outages and proposed switching sequences scheduled by the Outage Coordinator to ensure continued safe and reliable operation of the electrical system. Direct the switching steps, authorize equipment tagging, and issue work clearances as required.
· Typically requires 10 years of operational experience in occupations related to generation, transmission, or distribution systems.
· Thorough knowledge of PGE’s electrical transmission and distribution system.
· Thorough knowledge of electrical principles and concepts.
· Thorough knowledge of PGE’s (or equivalent utility) Electric System Switching and Tagging Handbook and PGE Safety Procedures.
· Ability to effectively operate Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition System (SCADA), Energy Management System (EMS), Outage Management System (OMS), and Plant Information (PI) System.
· Working knowledge of PGE or similar utility generating facilities.
· Must be able to obtain the NERC System Operator Certification, typically within 6 months of hire date.
· Requires 10 years of operational experience in occupations related to generation, transmission, or distribution systems.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline:
https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R18-678. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Staffing Services Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING