Country:United States of America
Location:HOR32: Wilsonville, OR 27300 SW Parkway , Wilsonville, OR, 97070-9215 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies Rockwell Collins and Employer Aerospace Systems we re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Relocation assistance is available for qualified candidates.
Come join our Post DPE (Sustaining) Engineering team in supporting Operations, Quality, and Customer Support for both Commercial and Government Head-Up Guidance Systems. Our team is responsible for addressing obsolete materials, quality and reliability improvements, supply chain developments, value engineering and root cause investigation of hardware defects and identifying corrective action.
We are looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer with a background in electro-mechanical design, engineering change management, and operations support who is passionate, enjoys working with a team of talented people, and is eager to take on challenges. Rockwell Collins is proud to be providing avionics products to major aircraft programs. As part of this team, you will be exposed to a variety of world class products, and have the ability to contribute significantly to the advancement & support of our award winning products around the globe!
- Review hardware defects and identify systemic root causes and process improvements
- Spearhead investigations for open ended complex problems
- Update and improve designs to meet documented hardware requirements
- Evaluate and/or initiate change requests from various sources and process them through the Engineering Change Request cycle
- Support Production build activities
- Support repair and retrofit activities in Service Center
- Support internal and external customers, potentially interfacing directly with external customers
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline, preferably Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- US Citizenship or Permanent Resident (Green Card) required
- Demonstrated experience in mechanical engineering design and development
- Knowledge of engineering materials and processes
- Proficient in a 3D CAD solid modeling software package (SolidWorks and/or UG NX preferred)
- Proficient in tolerance analysis and application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing principles
- Demonstrated experience in aluminum fabrication techniques including: sheet metal, machining, and investment casting
- Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate throughout all levels of the organization
- Commitment to quality and improvement
Additional experience a plus:
- Familiarity with Head-Up Guidance System products, how they are used, and how to troubleshoot mechanical design and process issues
- Experience with structural and thermal management design
- Experience with static structural, dynamic structural and thermal analysis techniques
- Packaging of electronic and/or optical systems
- Plastic materials and fabrication techniques including injection molding processes
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
Life insurance and disability coverage
Apply now and be part of the team that s redefining aerospace, every day.
Employer Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on thislinkto read the Policy and Terms