Location(s): TX - Amarillo
Are you ready to take your leadership potential to the next level with a growing Fortune 500 company? Xcel Energy is at the leading edge of an industry that is changing quickly. We’re seeking dynamic, proven leaders to help guide us into this exciting energy future. If you’re looking to lead at a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship, with plenty of room to grow, consider a position at Xcel Energy.
Provides visionary and strategic leadership directing engineering and design activities for an assigned functional or regional focus for high voltage distribution and transmission substations and transmission lines. Accountable for innovative and cost-effective designs, resident technical matter expertise, and support to construction and operations. Accountable for attainment of corporate and business unit goals and objectives. Committed to employee development.
- Accountable for an assigned functional or regional focus for substation, system protection, substation communication, and/or transmission line engineering & design activities related to: capital project design & estimating; procurement; asset data management; Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) and engineering document management; NERC, etc. compliance processes, data, submittals and audit support; technical and process standards development and enforcement; written and oral testimony in permitting and regulatory matters, and technical support to construction and operations.
- Manages highly skilled, geographically dispersed technical groups, including outside resources as needed, with responsibility for adherence to industry and corporate design and safety standards. As assigned, provides ongoing management of controls and measures to evaluate effectiveness of in-house and consultant resources.
- Establishes and champions the Unit's business plan, goals and objectives in line with corporate and business unit goals.
- Develops leadership, attracts, recruits, selects, trains, and retains a, diversified, motivated, and empowered workforce. Promotes continuous learning. Promotes engineers being professionally registered.
- Communicates and ensures understanding of performance expectations and Company mission, vision, values, goals, and objectives.
- Responsible for effective utilization of resources, with emphasis on safety, timeliness, cost-containment, system reliability, customer satisfaction, and compliance with regulations.
- Communicates with and establishes effective working relationships with internal organizations and external entities, including engineering consulting firms, manufacturers, and industry standards organizations.
- Assesses complex competitive technical and political issues and develops strategies to achieve results that consider the broader perspective of a wide array of stakeholders.
- Represents the company nationally and locally through participation in industry and professional fora in order to stay abreast of emerging industry changes, issues and technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an ABET-accredited program.
- 7 years relevant experience in delivery systems engineering, construction, operations, and project leadership.
- Licensed PE (Professional Engineer) Certification.
- Ability to travel.
- Degree in Electrical, Civil, or Structural Engineering.
- 10 years relevant experience with 3 years supervisory, management or project lead experience.
- Experience with substation, protection, communications, and transmission line design projects, equipment, construction techniques, project management fundamentals, operations, and engineering and construction standards strongly preferred.
- Understanding of LiDAR and geospatial technologies.
- Familiarity with OSHA, NESC, NERC, FERC regulations.
- Understanding of asset data structures, processes, and use.
This position requires a behavioral assessment prior to being considered for an interview.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: TX - Amarillo || TX - Amarillo || United States (US) || Operations || 41560:Subs Eng & Des South XS || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 18670
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]