At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Manage and provide leadership to product engineering and manufacturing engineering group consisting of Engineers and Designers. Develop and execute product development and cost reduction plans to achieve goals established in annual business plan. Support new product development efforts for Connectors Business Unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- With commercial and operations counterparts, develop strategic and business plans, including establishing plans for new product development, product line extensions and product cost reduction
- Implement lean product development process working cross functionally to launch new product and drive product vitality.
- Implement and manage all phases of the product life cycle, initiate, planning, and execution and close working in coordination with Product Manager.
- Develop a pipeline of disruptive technologies that are delivered via NPD to differentiate the Business Unit.
- Coach, build, and develop the engineering organization.
- Drive Lean in engineering and support lean implementation in all areas of the business.
- Drive project definition, resource management and timelines.
- Continually look for ways to improve and reduce overall time to market
- Lead cross functional teams in strategy formulation as well as results delivery phases of projects.
- Provide technical guidance and support team
- Apply analytical rigor and problem solving skills to strategic business solutions.
- Prepare and manage annual department operating budgets, as well as any capex requirements as determined with the Business Unit management
- Ensure cost reduction projects are developed and executed
- Manage intellectual property and patent application process for the Business Unit
Skills and Experience
RECOMMENDED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND: BS degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in product development-preferably in one or more of Communications, OEM or Utility and Electrical industries. Solid leadership and communications required.
Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.