Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis
Are you ready to take your leadership potential to the next level with a growing Fortune 500 company? Xcel Energy is at the leading edge of an industry that is changing quickly. We’re seeking dynamic, proven leaders to help guide us into this exciting energy future. If you’re looking to lead at a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship, with plenty of room to grow, consider a position at Xcel Energy.
Responsible for end to end service delivery for multiple BUs and enterprise processes including strategic planning, deployment, and maintenance of applications and/or enterprise systems. Manages and facilitates prioritization of demand by collaborating with key stakeholders to identify customer requirements, assess impact to other systems, consider all alternatives, compare costs, and recommend solutions. Has responsibility for managing life cycle of applications, infrastructure, and/or network services in their portfolio.
- Portfolio and Financial Management - Assists Business Systems leadership in defining, refining and applying portfolio prioritization criteria. Manages IT demand including prioritization, release management, and requirements definition. Responsible to define requirements, manages scope, and coordinates delivery of solutions. Develops and manages budget. Provides oversight of IT investments in support of driving and realizing BU objectives.
- Strategy and Planning – Develops and executes BU Strategic Technology Plan and takes part in BU strategic planning sessions. Manages activities relative to BU IT Plan including application portfolio management, data security, disaster recovery requirements, and availability and fail-over capability of systems. Stays abreast of operational performance and impact to business.
- Relationship Management - Initiates and maintains key relationships with customers to ensure processes are integrated to support customer expectations. Communicates effectively with business peers, IT peers and vendors to solve business/technical problems and provide technical solutions. Drives resolution of key customer concerns quickly and effectively.
- Application, Infrastructure, and/or Network Support - Ensures delivery and support occurs effectively and efficiently. Drives quick resolution of issues in partnership with the support teams. Fosters enterprise systems life cycle management to ensure a current and cost-effective portfolio. Ensure that enterprise systems transition seamlessly from project to production.
- Resource Management - Providing guidance, leadership and mentoring. Develops resource plans to ensure optimum support for projects and day-to-day operation. Conducts performance reviews, provides input to pay decisions and implements positive discipline measures when necessary.
- Regulatory Support - Anticipates and responds to organizational and regulatory initiatives. Must understand and implement necessary procedures required to facilitate completion of operational changes. Serves as key respondent to all application audits.
- Business and Technology Acumen - Stays abreast of industry and technology trends to provide advice on strategic business and technology solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT Management, Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Master’s degree is highly desired.
- Ten years of enterprise systems support experience demonstrating a high level of responsibility supporting corporate applications, infrastructure, and/or network.
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
- Understands how to drive and implement strategic technology solutions in support of critical business functions.
- Demonstrated ability for independent decision making, supporting large customer groups, and providing guidance and direction to very visible projects.
- Demonstrated ability to assume higher level leadership roles and responsibilities in critical situations.
- Experience managing highly technical organizations with 15 direct reports.
- Experience managing operations in a multi-vendor, multi-OS environment.
- Proficient in Redhat Linux and AIX.
- Knowledge of FlexPod converged infrastructure desired.
This position requires a behavioral assessment prior to being considered for an interview.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Utilities and Corporate Servic || 56770:CO IT Operations Center || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 6375
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]