7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we re building a leading information-based technology company.
Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking.
We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit.
We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued.
We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results.
We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing.
Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams.
Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager Software Engineer
Are you a lead software engineer that thrives in a vibrant, innovative and collaborative team? Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking.
We make a difference for 65 million customers.
We're changing banking for good.
At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs.
We want you to be curious and ask what if? Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry.
We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again.
As a Capital One Sr.
Manager Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data.
You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.
js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
You will lead leading the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems, and will have the opportunity to remain in a hands-on engineering role, while also providing functional and technical leadership, and mentoring software engineers on complex and high priority technology projects.
- Demonstrate both effective people management and disciplined software development leadership.
- Deliver software that scales in a zero-downtime environment.
- Execution Deliver solutions on-time with high bar of quality
- Work with Product Owners to understand the desired capability, to define and prioritize work, determine deliverables, and manage workloads.
- Collaborate with product and engineering leadership to construct a product delivery strategy, roadmaps, and timelines
- Lead technical discussions and must be able to work and influence a large number of cross functional teams.
- Build reusable solutions that can be shared across teams.
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Recruit top talent and ensure team members are sharpening their skills and growing their careers.
- Bachelor s degree in engineering or military experience
- At least 10 years of coding experience using any objected oriented programming language (preferably Java)
- At least 5 years of experience in development of restful APIs
- At least 5 years of experience using any relational database
- At least 5 years of experience leading design and delivery of software products/services
- At least 2 years of people management experience
- Master s degree
- 2 years of experience using AWS computing, storage and network services
- 2 years of experience using Docker / Kubernetes containers
- 2 years of experience using Git, Maven and Jenkins
- 2 years of experience in UI development
- 2 years of experience using Python
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task