Job Title: Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Location: Wilsonville, OR
Job Type: Regular
DWFritz is a wonderful place to work, with unique opportunities to participate in dynamic teams, a strong sense of culture and values, and a growing company. If you are considering a new opportunity we encourage you to check us out.
- Develop innovative designs that meet or exceed customer's requirements and expectations.
- Prepare design concepts in a team environment.
- Prepare accurate cost estimates for equipment in the concept stage of development.
- Lead extended design team, monitor and coordinate all aspects of the design process - mechanical layouts, details, assemblies, and control system concepts.
- Select cost effective, reliable design components and coordinate with purchasing for timely delivery.
- Coordinate development and maintenance of accurate bills of materials.
- Provide technical direction and problem resolution during assembly and start-up.
- Design and detail component parts and assemblies to meet the specific needs of each internal department and design intent specifications.
- Create 2D drawings and Bills of Materials (BOMs) for system release.
- Perform Self Check and Peer Review of drawings and BOMs prior to release to ensure accuracy.
- Execute revisions to BOMs and drawings per redlines and feedback from Manufacturing and Engineering.
- Analyze tolerance stacks of assemblies for capability of assembly and fabrication.
- Active member of development team willingness to work with other internal and external customers.
- Hands-on involvement and desire to verify fit and function of design intent.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to use CAD systems such as SolidWorks to create drawings highly desired.
- Ability to use PC’S to do conventional word processing, navigate the Internet, and utilize internal systems for drawing access, component tracking, email, etc.
- Ability to perform from oral or handwritten instructions.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Good interpersonal, communication, and time management skills.
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Physical capabilities include sitting, standing, walking, talking, hearing, bending, pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 20 lbs.
- BSME or MSME
- A minimum of 8 years of recent machine design and project management experience.
- Familiarity with machine control systems and experience with pneumatic systems
- 3D solid modeling CAD expertise (SolidWorks or AutoDesk Inventor) with application of GD&T principles.