Teledyne Energy Systems, Inc., located 20 minutes north of Baltimore, Maryland, is a leading provider of custom power systems and gas generation solutions based on proprietary fuel cell, electrolysis and thermoelectric technologies and staffed with a group of highly talented professionals. As a supplier of products and engineering services for demanding land, sea and space applications (including the Mars Curiosity rover power system), we offer exciting opportunities for energetic, self-motivated team players looking for challenging opportunities to start or grow their careers. We offer training and growth in both technical and program management tracks, and gives our staff the opportunity to write papers, attend conferences and contribute to the extended technical community. We also have an excellent benefits package. Join our team and power your future with a company on the move.
Title: Sr. Quality Engineer
Job ID#: 2017-3778
Company: Teledyne Energy Systems, Inc.
Location: Sparks, Maryland
Education & Experience:
- BS Degree in Engineering, math, science or related field with 10 plus years of quality engineering experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Proficiency in statistical methods, computer skills and problem solving.
- Solid planning, organizing, project management and teamwork skills are also required.
- This position requires a highly motivated individual, self-starter, with excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer and previous experience with ISO9001 Quality Management System highly desired.
- U.S. Citizenship required for government clearance and or data/software access.
- Apply statistical methods and controls to enhance our ability to maintain the required control of quality of our products and processes (e.g. control charts, histograms, analysis of statistical distributions, root cause analysis, etc.).
- Establish, document and implement quality control procedures for special processes to ensure the quality of produced products.
- Implement state of the art quality practices and technologies to ensure products conform to requirements.
- Review drawings, procedures, test data and inspection records and prepare Quality Assurance Reports to include inspection and test results.
- Participate on new product development teams and assist in the development of new processes and procedures including inspection steps to ensure new product designs meet quality standards.
- Participate in and/or conduct Internal Audits for compliance to written procedures.
- Lead MRB in materials disposition to include initiating corrective and preventative actions and follow-up including corrective actions from suppliers.
- Review sampling and inspection plans, assist in establishing and qualifying suppliers, auditing supplier quality, and monitoring supplier quality metrics.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and review of Quality System documentation including preparation and audit of quality plans.
Teledyne Energy Systems offers a Competitive Benefits Package, including:
Health, Dental, Vision
Life Insurance Benefits
Educational Tuition Reimbursement
To apply for this opening please go to https://careers-teledyne.icims.com/jobs/3778/sr-quality-engineer/job
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email [email protected] or call (805)373-4545. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.