About Foundation Medicine:
Foundation Medicine began with an ideato simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Collaborate with other senior engineers integrating our internal systems and customer Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems. Help us transform and deliver BAM files and report findings to our clinical and pharmaceutical partners. We are looking for creative, experienced engineers to join our team and help drive innovation and faster turn around time to enable patient care.
The Senior Software Engineer will design, develop, and support data integrations between Foundation Medicine and customer systems. This position will also participate in the peer design and code review.
This position requires the ability to work with customers using various internet communications protocols, data transport systems, and data formats within a structured SDLC framework; acting as either a member of a large team or as the sole developer for a project.
- Taking a leadership role in connecting and advancing our integration capabilities with EHR systems.
- Design, develop, test, document and deploy EMR integration solutions.
- Building seamless integrations with third-parties to link their data to our existing and future products based on standardized formats such as HL7 and FHIR.
- Interact and manage multiple EHR Partners and Clinical Integration customers to problem solve in a real-time basis.
- Write and maintain formal technical procedures and documentation for the application interfaces developed.
- Work in an agile, object-oriented, team environment with version control, change management and continuous improvement protocols.
- Owning the architecture of the external integration products to ensure scalability.
- Collaborating with third parties and internal teams.
- Implementing quality assurance testing standards and processes.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Experience with Java, Spring Boot framework.
- Expertise with Amazon Web Services, Cloud-based architecture and development.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture, microservices and enterprise authentication.
- Experience with ETL.
- Knowledge of integration patterns and event sourcing.
- Experience and understanding of API design and implementation.
- Experience working with XML, XSLT, JSON, JSON Schema.
- Ability to perform network diagnostics and/or knowledge of networking protocols.
- Knowledge of healthcare / hospital environments a plus.
- Familiarity with networking, security, routing, and system administration.
- Experience working with a CI/CD pipeline, specifically with GitHub and Jenkins (Desired).
Experience and Education Requirements:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS, or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum five years software development experience.
- Enterprise class applications experience (Multi-tier, Multi-threaded, etc.).
- Experience working with EHR/EMR healthcare information systems and messaging will be highly considered above other candidates (Epic, Cerner, AthenaHealth, eClincalWorks, etc).
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.