What you will do: As the Sr. Strategic Sourcing Specialist, you will lead and execute will lead and execute sourcing, procurement, and vendor management activities for assigned commodities, product families, and projects. Key responsibilities include:
• Participate in and implement global procurement and sourcing strategies for assigned commodities and product families to result in the use of highest value suppliers with the lowest total cost of ownership. This includes market analysis, supply chain risk assessment, source selection, and contract negotiation.
• Based on overall sourcing strategies to identify and qualify potential suppliers, evaluate and communicate performance, manage supplier relationships to ensure Andis’ overall competitive advantage.
• Work closely with our external suppliers and our internal cross functional teams to identify opportunities of technology advancement, cost savings, lead time reductions, working capital improvements, quality enhancements, and service level upgrading.
• Maintain market intelligence including commodity specific issues, cost drivers, pricing trends, best practices, and economic indicators.
• Support new product development teams on global sourcing issues and solutions.
• Be involved with product life cycle issues to ensure minimal impact from obsolescence.
• Work closely with the internal Production Planning team to manage assigned responsibilities.
• Identify and execute process improvement projects to increase the operating efficiencies.
• Issue purchase orders and maintain the status and information accuracy.
What we are looking for:
• Bachelor’s Degree is required. Minimum of five years of global purchasing/sourcing experience in a manufacturing environment with both high and low volume products preferably with consumer electronics, plastic injection and metal parts.
• Familiar with cost model, make vs. buy analysis, industry tools and market intelligence to improve supply performance.
• Working knowledge of quality systems and lean/continuous improvement processes.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and AS/400 applications
• Strong analytical skills, high level of interpersonal, negotiation, and decision-making skills and ability to work independently.
• Knowledge/fluency in Mandarin, Spanish or other foreign language is a plus.
• Ability to read engineering drawings, blueprints, and schematics is helpful.
• Ability to travel approximately 10-15% (domestic and international)