Senior Systems Engineer - AWS Database Services
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world-class technical team in either Seattle, WA or Herndon, VA, working with some of the best and brightest engineers and technical managers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
Amazon Web Service is building some of the largest distributed systems in the world. Amazon's database offerings like Aurora, DynamoDB, ElastiCache, EMR, RDS, and RedShift are massively scaled services that make up a critical piece of the internet today.
A successful Engineer joining the team will do much more than write code and triage problems. They will work with Amazon's largest and most demanding customers to address specific needs across a full suite of services. They will dive deep into technical issues and work relentlessly to improve the customer experience. The ideal candidate will:
Be great fun to work with. Our company credo is \"Work hard. Have fun. Make history\". The right candidate will love what they do and instinctively know how to make work fun.
Have strong Linux & Networking Fundamentals. The ideal candidate will have deep experience working with Linux, preferably in a large scale, distributed environment. You understand networking technology and how servers and networks inter-relate. You regularly take part in deep-dive troubleshooting and conduct technical post-mortem discussions to identify the root cause of complex issues.
Think Big. The ideal candidate will build and deploy solutions across thousands of devices. You will strive to improve and streamline processes to allow for work on a massive scale.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 7 years technical operations experience
- Minimum 5 years UNIX/Linux experience
- This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and must currently possess an active Top Secret security clearance. The position further requires that, after start, the selected candidate obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph and satisfy other security-related requirements.
- Experience developing in a modern programming language, such as C++, Java, C#, Python, or Ruby
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and a proven documentation methodology
- Experience in supporting critical software systems in operational environments
- Experience in production monitoring and metrics reporting
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment
- Experience in business analytics
- Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating
- Experience with a 24/7 production environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
For more information on Amazon Web Services please visit: