Our client is currently seeking a Sr. Systems/Storage Engineer
- Server experience (VMware/Windows).
- Storage experience (EMC Isilon; xtreme-io, etc..)
Provides senior level technical and operational management support to the ISS Management. Consults with management on project design/development needs. Manages projects of moderate scope or complexity with no direction. Applies knowledge of advanced configurations, internet connectivity and multiple technologies and understanding of how hardware/software systems support business activities to successfully support client needs.
In addition to the duties:
1. Assists in defining and maintaining Systems infrastructure and operational procedures, upgrading existing services, and planning for growth.
2. Uses knowledge of Systems to help design and install internal and external network services.
3. Responsible for Integrity of Systems.
4. Tests and evaluates systems to eliminate problems and submits recommendations for improvements in operation and management.
5. Engineers non-standard, highly complex services and performs technical support (e.g., configuration, troubleshooting) on highly complex system problems.
6. Creates and maintains documentation regarding networking infrastructure, standards and projects.
7. Consults with departments and evaluates new technology to make recommendations for hardware and software acquisitions.
8. Participates in the interviewing, hiring and evaluating of staff.
9. Fosters cross training culture. Initiates cross training efforts and actively shares knowledge with team. Provides technical leadership to other IT staff.
10. Provides technical training on Systems.
11. May function as a project leader for assigned projects.
12. Participates in a 24 x 7 x 365 on-call rotation schedule.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Required Education and/or Experience:
- At least 7 years of experience in the development and implementation of IT infrastructure, including Microsoft workstation and server operating systems experience in a large, complex LAN/WAN environment.
- Minimum of 4 years related project management experience designing solutions for internal/external clients.
- In depth expertise in Domain Name, e-mail, Web, online calendaring, as well as other network services.
- Familiarity with various operating system platforms (e.g. Windows, Linux, UNIX).
- Familiarity with hardware debugging and replacement.
- Willingness to work directly and communicate effectively with customers (faculty, staff and students), assessing their needs and analyzing and resolving their problems.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of principles, practices and theories in own professional discipline.
- Understands technical infrastructure to make modifications, design and optimization enhancements.
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor s degree in related discipline