Role/Title Stress Analyst- Service Engineering
Location Savannah, GA 31408
Duration 06-12 Months
The follow Skills are Required:
- A fundamental understanding of static stress analysis as it relates to sizing airframe structural repairs
- Experience as a stress analyst in post-production environment or a production Material Review Board (MRB) stress engineer
- Experience with airworthiness regulations in regards to major repairs or alterations of external airframe parts and components and the requirements to find compliance when analyzing a repair
- The ability to effectively work with & support a multi-discipline team of engineers, mechanics, Tech Ops, Quality Control, upper management, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication and collaborative skills and the ability to effectively communicate the organization's position with external and internal customers
- Practical hands on aircraft experience and problem solving The following unique skills are preferred:
- Experience in fatigue analysis and damage tolerance analysis.
- Experience in the repair and analysis of composite structure
- Experience in repair and analysis of aircraft landing gear.
- Experience in development of Structural Repair Manual (SRM) data.
- Experience with foreign airworthiness regulatory agencies
- Guides successful completion of major engineering programs, or conceives research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of products and services
- Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues
- Is consulted extensively by associates and others as a recognized authority within the field
- Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities
- Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedule
- Works without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results
- Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments, and makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in engineering, or related curriculum preferred.
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or technical related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required.
- 10 yrs in specific technical discipline or 15 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.