At KLJ, we love engineering, moving forward, and bringing ideas to life. Our work is more than a project, it's a long-term solution for the communities in which we live and work. We are committed to providing an exceptional experience to our customers - every project, every time. We reimagine what projects can be through innovative planning, design, and support of infrastructure projects of all shapes and sizes. Join our team and reimagine what your career can be.
Provide structural engineering services for KLJ projects in a timely, accurate, and cost-effective manner.
- Responsible for the coordination, review and completion of structural design calculations, plans, specifications, cost estimates, reports and contracts
- Perform linear and nonlinear structural analyses, structure inspections, load rating, seismic evaluation, and assessment reports
- Review for Quality Assurance and Quality Control and ensure compliance with KLJ quality standards
- Responsible for coordination and communication with architects, engineers, sub-consultants and contractors
- Participate in and facilitate meetings with stakeholders and clients
- Instruct, train and mentor group members
- Effectively deal with difficult situations and confrontation both internally and externally
- Utilize effective written and oral communication
- May respond to RFP's and lead interviews
- May prepare forecast of workload and monitor backlog
- May be responsible for workgroup financials and quality goals
- May market to existing or potential clients
- May serve as a project engineer, project manager, or client manager and provide overall project oversight
- May have supervisory responsibilities for group members and support staff including hiring, promoting, terminations, performance reviews, and training
- Public involvement may include reports, graphics, presentations, and other visual material
- A four year degree in engineering or a related field is required
- Registration as a professional engineer is required
- Experience level is a minimum of 4 or more years and the appropriate responsibility level has been demonstrated
- Travel is required, must have a valid driver's license and be able to operate motorized vehicles
- Experience with post-tension concrete structure design, including parking ramps
- Project management experience
- Established regional network of contacts in the structural industry
Hours and Travel
This position requires the individual work 40 or more hours per week and be able to travel including occasional overnight stays. The typical percentage of time spent in the office is 80% and out of the office is 20%, however this will vary by project need.
The physical demands described represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
The employee is regularly required to:
- Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch and crawl
- Be able to walk on uneven terrain up to three miles per day
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Talk, hear and communicate clearly
The employee must:
- Frequently lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability for adjust focus.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US. KLJ does not sponsor applicants for employment-based visas.
All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.