Malibu Boats, the world's leading towboat manufacturer, is searching for a Supplier Quality Engineer to support our global manufacturing facility in Loudon, TN
As a Supplier Quality Engineer you will be responsible for supporting the factory by improving the quality of direct materials from suppliers, improving the process of monitoring the supplier’s progress towards quality improvement, and conduct supplier facility audits for new and existing suppliers as needed to certify capability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Perform evaluations on supplier-related defective parts from incoming inspection and manufacturing, create disposition, and communicate results to suppliers and management.
· Generate corrective actions with suppliers and drive follow up for proper results
· Perform quality assessments of suppliers and follow up with documented results and actions
· Develop receiving inspection test equipment when needed in conjunction with suppliers
· Approve new and change components from suppliers for use in the factory
· Initiate supplier improvement strategies, including PPAP submissions, corrective action facilitation, and process improvements.
· Provide timely internal and external communications on assigned projects to all stakeholders to ensure timely decision making and reduced manufacturing disruptions.
· Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
· 4 year Engineering degree required; Quality, Mechanical or Industrial concentrations preferred
· Six Sigma certification
· Manufacturing experience
· 3-5 years of Manufacturing experience preferred
· 3+ years of Reliability experience
· ISO and Lean experience
· Marine or boating experience a plus
- To perform this job successfully you should have, or be able to demonstrate, the following:
- Team player, able to balance individual and team responsibilities. Gives and welcomes feedback and contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Motivated and dependable with a strong attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness. Able to spot non-conformance quality trends and develop corrective actions and control plans
About Malibu Boats
Malibu is the best-selling, most innovative and most versatile watersports boat in the world. We are the world’s #1 towboat manufacturer, producing one out of every two boats purchased globally each year. Our success is due to our intense focus on re-imagining the boundaries of what is possible on the water, so that families and friends can come together to truly enjoy a life without limits.