BAE Systems is looking for a Quality Engineer to investigate, evaluate, and resolve supplier quality problems by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends, and leading continuous improvement projects. The Supplier Quality Engineer will conduct capability assessments that verify supplier qualifications, travel to assigned suppliers, and lead multiple projects to completion. You must be a problem solver who will utilize your analytical skills to find innovative solutions to quality-related issues. Strong communication skills are required to make progress reports and present findings.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- Excellent Communication Skills Both Oral and Written
- Demonstrated Ability to Identify and Mitigate Risks
- Good Problem Solving Skills and Experience in Determining Root Cause and Corrective Action
- Ability to Use Microsoft Office Suite
- Positive Attitude Working in a Team Environment
- Ability to productively contribute to projects to improve processes both internal and within the supply chain
Preferred Skills and Education
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Techniques such as: Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, Kanban, Supplier Managed Inventories, 6S, TPS, DFT.
- Experience in Continuous Improvement
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact for our customers and the communities we serve.