Application Deadline - January 18, 2019
System Operations Grid Engineer (Electrical Discipline Required)
Elk River, MN
More than power, we're about people. At Great River Energy (GRE), people are our first priority--both customers and employees. Here, you will find a team-centered environment that's rewarding, challenging and exciting. As a cooperative-owned generation and transmission company, we are Minnesota's second largest utility based capacity.
We are currently looking for a System Operations Grid Engineer who will be responsible for providing technical support for the Energy Management System/Distribution Management System (EMS/DMS), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system and reliability initiatives required to operate the transmission and distribution systems of GRE and the member cooperatives in the most reliable manner.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitors and provides technical support for the EMS and DMS systems, which includes but is not limited to, distribution mapping and database solutions.
- Provides technical support in the development of SCADA systems, which includes but is not limited to, software and configuration programming support for TRUs, communication processors and data concentrators.
- Analyzes outage data to report on it to internal and external customers. Provides technical support for eliability reporting, which includes, but is not limited to, investigating transmission outages for cause, mitigation, and effect.
- May also participate in regional working groups.
- Bachelor's Degree (or advanced) in electrical engineering required or education required to qualify for the written Professional Engineering Examination as required by the State Board of Engineering, and
- Typically 2-6+ years of experience in an engineering or science-related position within the utility or a related industry.
- Fundamentals of Engineering certification and/or Professional Engineer registration is preferred.
- Knowledge of the utility industry and its application within the electrical engineering discipline.
- Skill in utilizing and assessing technologies related to the utility industry.
- Skill in utilizing tools and applications related to operating and analyzing the transmission electrical grid.
- Ability to research, analyze, and make recommendations related to engineering decisions.
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing problem solving skills to address primarily technical nature issues.
- Strong project management skills. Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize time/workload and delegate work in order to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to successfully communicate with technical, non-technical and leadership audiences.
- Ability to build and maintain effective work relationships, both internal and external and establish credibility with business partners.
- Ability to work within a team environment and independently.
Qualified professional will find we have a lot to offer: competitive compensation, continued education, an on-site workout facility, generous retirement plan, along with many more benefits. Qualified candidates, please apply at www.greatriverenergy.com under the careers tab by January 18, 2019. GRE is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disabled/Vets Employer.