BAE Systems' Mission Computing product line seeks motivated systems/electrical engineers to lead efforts to specify, assess, test, integrate, and qualify military grade displays and power supplies for present and future products.
As a part of the Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) solutions business, you'll help develop systems that sense, control, exploit and disseminate actionable information to warfighters supporting a variety of missions. Your efforts will have a positive impact on front line warfighter's effectiveness and daily quality of life, while you pursue your own technical leadership and advancement goals. You will be joining an engaged team responsible for integration, testing, and formal qualification of enterprise class computation & I/O servers systems, human interface devices, and flat panel displays for the US Navy P8A Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) platform and other DOD projects. Your related additional experience will enable you to engage with these parallel efforts.
Qualified candidates should possess a commanding and deep technical subject matter expertise in the areas of electronic displays and power supply technology in both their design and manufacturing. You will be responsible for technical leadership and direct execution roles developing specifications to subcontractors, the assessment of subcontractor's display requirements compliance, analysis of designs, measurement of implementation's performance, and visiting vendor facilities to assess product compliance, quality, manufacturing processes, and to recommend improvements. You should be knowledgeable about currently relevant and future technology trends, and conduct surveys of market offerings and perform trade studies in order to inform and guide technology and product line roadmaps. You'll be responsible for the completeness, integrity, and quality of the evolving product configuration baseline. You should possess skill with video/imagery standards and technologies, including LCD and backlight technologies, DVI-D/HDMI/DP, touch screens, and general analog circuits. You should also be skilled using display measurement equipment including photometers, spectro-radiometers, video generators and digital video analyzers.
Our engineers are the lifeblood of our company and we're more than 5,000 strong. With our robust offering of educational and career development opportunities, your chances to grow are limitless. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, and thrive in a learning environment that encourages technical growth, independence and leadership.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Hold a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance
- Subject matter expertise in displays technologies and manufacture
- Subject matter expertise in power supply specification and design
- Verification and validation skills necessary for product qualification, including functional, EMI/EMC, and environmental qualification
- Debugging competence
Preferred Skills and Education
- Hold an active DoD Secret security clearance
- Circuit Card Assembly (CCA) domain knowledge
- Proficiency with computer networking
- Proficiency interacting with command line, using and developing shell scripts for Centos/Red Hat Linux operating system
- Proficiency loading firmware and configuring computer network switches and firewalls
- Proficiency configuring BIOS, UEFI, and network boot
- Proficiency interacting with IPMI shelf management systems for ATCA and VPX platforms
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact for our customers and the communities we serve.