BAE Systems is seeking highly motivated Computer and Electrical Engineers who are interested in redefining their career as a Systems Engineer. As part of your Systems Engineering development, you will join the Mission Computer and Display systems engineering team to gain experience with highly complex US NAVY system and software in the computer and displays domains. You will develop high-level designs and system element requirements specifications and drawings, perform integration and testing, and formally qualify enterprise class computation & I/O servers, human interface devices, and flat panel displays for the US Navy P8A Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) platform and other DOD projects.
The selected candidate will create and test new products, support production in the co-located factory, and provide field upgrade activities at customer system integration labs. Your skills and drive can enable you to work on internal research and development efforts aimed at augmenting these system element capabilities, and to define new products to enter new markets. Similarly, you may work closely with partner suppliers in development and test of new complex compute and processing solutions. Significant interaction across the company's program, engineering and production functions provide for a fast-paced, educational, and fulfilling experience.
As a part of the Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) solutions business, you'll help develop systems that sense, control, exploit and disseminate actionable information to warfighters supporting a variety of missions. Your efforts will have a positive impact on front line warfighter's effectiveness and daily quality of life, while you pursue your own technical leadership and advancement goals.
Our engineers are the lifeblood of our company and we're more than 5,000 strong. With our robust offering of educational and career development opportunities, your chances to grow are limitless. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, and thrive in a learning environment that encourages technical growth, independence and leadership. Candidates with various experience levels will be considered for this position.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Electrical Engineering / Computer Engineering Degree
- Proficiency interacting with command line, using and developing shell scripts for Centos/Red Hat Linux operating system.
- Eligible to obtain a Secret DOD Security Clearance.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Debugging competence.
- Circuit Card Assembly (CCA) domain knowledge.
- Proficiency with computer networking.
- Proficiency loading firmware and configuring computer network switches and firewalls.
- Proficiency configuring BIOS, UEFI, and network boot.
- Proficiency interacting with IPMI shelf management systems for ATCA and VPX platforms.
- Knowledge of flat panel display technologies and manufacture.
- Knowledge of power supply specifications and design.
- Verification and validation skills necessary for product qualification, including functional, EMI/EMC, and environmental qualification
- IV&V Lead experience
- Systems Engineering master degree/study/experience (a plus)
- Hold an active Secret DoD security clearance
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact for our customers and the communities we serve.