Ronco is seeking an experienced, self-motivated AV/Healthcare Systems Design Engineer for its Specialized Division in the Albany, NY area. In this role, the AV/Healthcare Systems Design Engineer will research and design healthcare, educational, and Audio Visual systems for intallation at end-user sites.
- Provide pre-sale and post-sale support to sales and operations departments
- Work closely with account managers during the quoting process to ensure cohesion between design and customer needs
- Assist with the bidding process by reviewing bid documents and making system or product recommendations to account manager
- Conduct site surveys to collect accurate information for the purposes of quoting and system design
- Initiate and complete engineering review process for new sales orders in a timely manner
- Review all bid documents, including plans, specifications, and addenda as part of the post-sale engineering process
- Create functional one-line and riser diagrams utilizing AutoCAD or similar software.
- Review sales orders for an accurate bill of materials and communicate any changes to the Account Manager
- Work closely with field operations personnel to ensure that installations are consistent with current system design and best practices
- Generate as-built drawings to complete project closeout documentation
- Stay apprised of current products by taking advantage of online and classroom training offered by the company
Requirements for Success:
- Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
- 1-3 years’ experience in the design of healthcare, educational and or A/V systems a plus
- AutoCAD or similar design software preferred
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans and specifications
- Demonstrated technical aptitude working with healthcare, AV or Pro-Sound systems and components
- Strong Written/Verbal Communication Proficiency
- High level of attention to detail required
Why Choose Us:
In return for your commitment and valuable contributions, we offer a professional, friendly atmosphere, competitive compensation and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA, Life Insurance, Disability, 401k, Holidays, and Paid Time Off) on the job training and opportunities for promotion. Ready to take the next step in your career? Apply today!
Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer
Ronco is a drug-free workplace. Employment is subject to passing a drug