Country:United States of America
Location:HNY32: US136-Bohemia, NY 355 Knickerbocker Avenue , Bohemia, NY, 11716 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don t just get people from point A to point B. We re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U. S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
B/E s Lighting & Integrated Systems offers a variety of solutions to business jet and commercial OEM s as well as airlines directly. Major product lines include Interior Lighting, Exterior Lighting, Cabin Management System, Coax Cable & Trays, System Upgrade Provisions, Aerostructures & Interior Assemblies, Engineering, Design and Certification.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Systems Engineer in our Lighting & Integrated Systems business located in Bohemia, NY.
The Systems Engineer will join a strong team of dynamic individuals working on innovative aircraft lighting designs.
- Capture, understand and document the customer's system requirements.
- Design systems architectures in cooperation with aircraft manufacturers.
- Perform interior systems analysis, modeling and simulation.
- Perform system light output measurements and simulations.
- Develops requirements for systems test facilities.
- Design, draft and maintain Engineering Drawings in 3D and 2D using Solid Edge and/or AutoCAD that include part number, product marking, product specifications, artwork, labeling.
- Contribute to successful project completion by participating in the resolution of issues such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of standard material and difficult coordination requirements.
- Coordinate project activities with other operating or engineering units to facilitate participation of appropriate staff in project completion.
- Participate in a team to determine project objectives to the development of a comprehensive project design.
- Create and maintain 3D solid models files.
- Plan, design and oversee the installation, operation and maintenance of electrical components, equipment and systems.
- Perform complex assignments which will include the development of new or improved lighting products.
- Define aircraft installation requirements for avionics.
- Create functional product specifications.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor s Degree in Engineering field and a minimum of 3 years relevent experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time to customers and/or other company facilities.
- Experience in the aerospace/aviation industry.
- Understanding of lighting measurement tools and simulations
- AutoCAD, Solid Edge, MS Word, Excel knowledge a must.
- Experience with data bug protocols, schematics and wiring diagrams.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
Life insurance and disability coverage
Apply now and be part of the team that s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
Employer Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on thislinkto read the Policy and Terms
Employer Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.