Applies sound software engineering principles to the development of software and systems that are modifiable, efficient, reliable (for intended purpose), understandable, and fault tolerant to meet systems requirements. Analyzes system specifications and designs outlined by the Systems Engineer. Reviews user functions, analyzes, designs and codes detailed programs, models, and diagrams to meet specifications and design requirements. Duties include providing architecture, design and process management and control input to support software maturity processes.
We have a career opportunity with our client for a ServiceNow Developer. The successful candidate will have knowledge of the ServiceNow platform, services, and associated configurations. The ServiceNow Developer will be part of a team providing hands-on development and implementation support of ServiceNow including design, architecture, configuration, development best practices, implementation strategies. With minimal supervision, be able to write organized code and work independently. The Developer will collaborate with a diverse program team and must be able to communicate effectively in obtaining and actualizing requirements, while working with the team to develop technical solutions that meets mission objectives. Will develop and implement ServiceNow features as part of an interactive Agile development process, and support other ServiceNow initiatives. Additionally, must possess strong communication and collaboration skills.
?Experience in Cloud technologies and concepts.
?Cloud development(AWS, Azure, GovCloud, or MilCould). Preferably ServiceNow Cloud instance. ?
?ServiceNow Certified Application Developer Certification.
?ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist Certification.
?AWS Associate Level Certification.
?ITIL v3 Foundations Certification.
- BS and 4 ? 8 years of prior relevant experience OR additional relevant experience in lieu of Bachelor's or Masters with 2 ? 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- 5+ Experience with ServiceNow.
- Experience with cloud development (AWS, Azure, GovCloud, or MilCould- preferably ServiceNow Cloud instance)
- Experience with ServiceNow portal or UX development.
- Thorough understanding of agile development.
- Experience with Atlassian collaboration suite (Confluence, JIRA, Fisheye/Crucible)
- Scripting experience (shell, python, perl)
- Experience with the configuration and customization of the ServiceNow system.
- Be able to create workflows and develop service requests in ServiceNow.
- Develop scripts to automate tasks and processes within ServiceNow.
- Familiar with ServiceNow Orchestration.
- Create and develop custom reports in ServiceNow.
- Load and extract date to and from ServiceNow.
- Coding and maintaining Web sites.
- Coding and maintaining cloud based systems.
- Coding and maintaining Web-based systems and applications for usability and Web accessibility.
- CompTIA Security+ certification or higher.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance at start.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at