Apply strong system engineering skills to the design, development, implementation, integration and support of enterprise systems monitoring applications such as HP/Mercury Systems, ServiceNow, Splunk, Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), and others. Position will require the ability to resolve problems which require an intimate knowledge of varying system and network technologies. Will work independently and in conjunction with a team of engineers. Must exhibit a strong willingness to learn new technologies as they relate to this position.
1. Assumes responsibility for implementation and support of the enterprise management monitoring solution enabling robust event and performance monitoring across all strategic platforms, databases, networks, web services, and other services.
a. Ensures that appropriate agents are deployed, configured and tested/validate on all critical production components.
b. Maintenance of enterprise management systems and tools from various vendors’ ITOM and ITSM products.
c. Creation and maintenance of performance dashboards including integrations with major critical services from the service catalog.
d. Assist in creating and maintaining a comprehensive service catalog.
e. Building and managing monitoring templates and service maps as needed.
f. Working with infrastructure teams to develop long term strategy to most effectively utilize all the functionality of discovery and monitoring tools.
g. Provide technical consulting.
h. Partner with team members to gather project requirements and implement monitoring.
i. responsible for customization enhancements required to insure all availability failures are identified.
2. Assumes responsibility to handle daily maintenance of enterprise management monitoring systems implementation as well as software updates, patching, design and deployment of new service management functionality as a complete integrated unit.
a. Maintain the uptime and availability of enterprise management monitoring systems through timely testing and patching.
3. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication, coordination, and working relations with area staff and management.
a. Keeps administrators informed of significant problems and of progress attained in reaching established objectives. Provides recommendations for establishing new and more effective monitoring processes.
b. Assists and supports the rest of the team as needed.
c. Prepares reports of activities, records, and other required documents.
d. Attends and participates in meetings and committees as required.
- 4-year college degree preferred.
- ITIL Foundations Certification required.
- AIS Certification preferred.
- Advanced understanding of enterprise systems monitoring applications
- Advanced knowledge of ITIL fundamentals.
- Solid understanding of cloud based alerting systems.
- Advanced understanding of Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Administrator level knowledge of ServiceNow ITOM/ITSM, Splunk Insights,and the HP/MicroFocus Suite of products including: HP SiteScope, OpsBridge, HP NNM, BPM, BSM, uCMDB,
- Bash, Perl, or other scripting experience.
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP.
- The ideal candidate would be an ITSM/ITOM Administrator with 5-7 year’s experience with a background in UNIX, Oracle, Windows, SAN Storage and Networking concepts.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the analysis, design, implementation and support of System Monitoring applications.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience working with HP/MicroFocus Suite, ServiceNow or Splunk Insights.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience working with Microsoft System Center Operations Center (formerly known as MOM)
- Operations Manager: high level experience with building and managing monitoring templates; adding/changing managed nodes; diagnosing agent connectivity issues.
- Experience with synthetic monitoring within these products is required.
- ITSM: high level experience with ServiceNow, HP ServiceManager/SAW helpdesk suite including in depth knowledge of Change and Knowledge modules. Experience should include scripting within these products.
- UCMDB and Discovery Tools: high level experience with integration of uCMDB and discovery tools.
- Must possess excellent analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Application development or engineering experience, baseline support experience, demonstrated customer communication skills, and excellent interpersonal communications
- Experience with Enterprise Systems Management tools
- Well organized, with good verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to prioritize and plan projects effectively.
- Ability to assist others and share knowledge with other team members.
- Able to use PC, terminal keyboards, and various computer hardware.