Location(s): MN - Red Wing
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
This position strategically prioritizes work and assigns resources to proactively plan and align multi-week rolling schedules including outage and project work. It is the first point of contact for Nuclear’s planning and work management organizations. This position performs material analysis, recommends material and service solutions for the Nuclear inventory and completes data analysis for Nuclear data governance.
- Manages and resolves scheduling conflicts and resource requests from planning, maintenance, online and outage work management organizations. Coordinates online, outage and project scheduling. Tracks scheduled work to ensure parts and Procurement Engineering evaluations meet required schedule dates and work management milestones. Manages work order holds associated with Supply Chain activities. Determines fulfillment method for requested materials and services.
- Attends scheduling meetings, recommends and initiates work schedule changes based on material delivery dates to minimize costs and to maximize schedule adherence, customer satisfaction, safety and compliance. Drives and maintains ownership for Supply Chain related issues. Negotiates with key business unit partners to obtain project delivery dates ensuring customer and compliance dates are met.
- Analyzes material deficiency reports, forecasts resource utilization and makes recommendations to ensure parts and services are purchased to meet aggregated work demand.
- Partners with the planning organization to achieve efficiency in the creation of new Material Master and Service Outline Agreements. Leads process change implementation efforts.
- Represents Supply Chain in the Control Centers during refuel and forced outages for both Nuclear stations. Builds and leverages strong partnerships with stakeholders.
- Facilitates resolution of Overage, Shortage, Damaged or Discrepant items in support of the work management schedule.
- Provides technical review of non-safety related material masters.
- Manages the material refurbishment program for Xcel’s Nuclear plants and secures payments for this activity.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Project Management, Business, or Finance.
- 2-4 years of purchasing, logistics, work management or experience in plant/utility field operations.
- Substantial direct purchasing or contract administration experience in a technical environment considered equivalent to education requirements.
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and relationship skills.
- Must be willing to or currently pursuing a Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) certificate or equivalent.
- Travel up to 20% of the time.
- Knowledge of commercial purchasing practices, contract administration practices, nuclear power generation, material resource planning or quality assurance.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Red Wing || MN - Red Wing || United States (US) || Nuclear Rollup || 45640:FT PI Supply Chain || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 17701
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]