Location(s): MN - Becker
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
We anticipate the need for one or more Temporary Plant Helpers at Sherco Plant in Becker, MN.
This is an entry-level position; bargaining and non-bargaining employees may apply. The Company has sole right of selectivity. Note: This position is a temporary position that will not include benefits and will be staffed for an extended period of time.
The Temporary Plant Helper - Sherco position will be responsible for the following activities which may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Cleaning and monitoring power generating equipment throughout the plant site
- General plant clean-up and janitorial support in the plant and coal yard
- Snow removal and grounds keeping
- Operate plant equipment like skid loader and vacuum truck in the plant
- Assist in the operations of the plant
- Actively participate in hands-on training, required classroom training and computer interactive training programs, as directed by plant management
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prefer post-secondary technical training in a related area
- Must have valid driver's license
- Applicant is required to successfully pass the Xcel Energy screening requirements, which include a drug test, security clearance and other exams that are required by federal regulations, such as OSHA and DOT, will be performed
- Physical Requirements:
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds safely
- Work in inclement weather
- Must be qualified to wear a respirator
- Will be required to perform duties when necessary from scaffolds and catwalks in high and confined spaces
- Must be able to work overtime and various shifts as required
Steps in Xcel Energy’s hiring process
- All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered.
- Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview.
- After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will collaborate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made.
- Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy’s background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued.
- After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Becker || MN - Becker || United States (US) || Operations || 0477G:Sherco GPH/Janitors || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 15146
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]