Location(s): CO - Denver
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
Xcel Energy is looking for talented and experienced Troubleman Lineman to join the Xcel Energy team.
We anticipate the need for one or more Troubleman Lineman at our Lipan Distribution Center in Denver, Colorado. The starting rate of pay for this position is $46.82 hourly.
Selection criteria will also include an interview and pre-employment written and hands-on testing that will take place at a company training facility (personal tools and equipment are not provided).
The company reserves the right to close this posting at any time.
Work various shifts on a one person truck. Respond to outages, voltage problems, and emergency calls.
- Must currently be a Journeyman Lineman
- Must meet driver qualification requirements including the possession of a valid Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Class A
- Must be capable of performing all aspects of electric overhead and underground construction and maintenance
- Shift work will be required
- Will be required to work with a MDT (Mobile Data Terminal) system and complete all related paperwork in a timely manner
- Must be available for emergency call-outs for overtime assignments
- Will be required to actively participate in training and retraining programs
- Must have effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- The person filling this position must be self-motivated, work well with others, possess a positive attitude, have a commitment to work safely, provide consistent quality customer service, create customer satisfaction and work productively
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Steps in Xcel Energy’s hiring process
- All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered.
- Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview.
- After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will collaborate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made.
- Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy’s background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued.
- After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || Operations || 61480:Elec Trouble Denver PSC || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 11103
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]m