We are looking for the right people people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the worlds largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Under supervision applies functional specifications and uses engineering tools to design hardware, analog, power electronic and ultra-high voltage low current power supply circuits for product changes and new development. Uses software tools or applications to perform routine analysis to predict performance of electronic circuits and identifies design improvements by evaluating results. Contributes in reliability analysis such as risk assessments and Failure Mode Effects Analysis by compiling and examining data. Identifies the testing requirement at a system level with the emphasis on complying with test standards and Halliburtons Health, Safety, and Environment procedures. Contributes to Halliburtons Intellectual Property portfolio by preparing Invention Disclosures and recognizing ideas that have Intellectual Property potential without disclosing confidential information. Coordinates with project leads to produce project deliverables by assessing input requirements and applying functional specifications. Develops relationships through excellent communication skills and acts as a key resource to provide innovative solutions. A bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, electronics engineering or similar discipline and a minimum of seven years related experience are required for the position. A masters degree or PhD in electrical engineering, electronics engineering or similar discipline is preferred.
Job Roles and Requirements:
- Design Knowledge of High Voltage Low Current Power Supply Design (100kV and above) at High Temperature (175C and above)
- Experience with High Voltage Power Supply Test, Measurement, Verification and Validation
- Follow Safety Standards and Precautions While Working with High Voltage
- Design Knowledge of Power Electronics Circuits (inverters, magnetics and power supplies)
- Design and analysis of complete analog electronics systems (active/passive component selection, gain signal conditioning, input/output filter design, closed-loop control, A/D and D/A, etc.)
- Utilize commonly used circuit simulators (LTSPICE, PSPICE, etc.) for modeling converter designs
- Utilize math tools for analysis (Matlab, MathCAD, etc.)
- Develop schematics and support PCB design
- Experience with Measurement Equipment (network and impedance analyzers, scopes, etc.)
- Develop component qualification plans and lead execution of plans (high temperature qualification included)
- Document designs, specifications, test plans, revisions and produce test reports
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, leadership, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Design experience in the oil & gas industry is preferred
- Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available including R&D Principal Electrical Engineer, R&D Electrical Engineer Advisor up to a R&D Electrical Engineer Advisor, Sr.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 74364
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Wireline and Perforating
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position: